Role: Account Director
Full Time / Immediate Start / Hybrid - Los Angeles
Are you looking to work with a leading, innovative Influencer marketing Agency that works with some of the most recognized & trusted brands in the world? RQ is more than an agency. We are a community that value innovation, collaboration, and integrity & our offering is unique. We work with Brands such as Google, YouTube, Pizza Hut, HBO Max, Hulu, TikTok & Chipotle.
We are currently seeking an Account Director to join the fast growing team. At its core the Account team are brand marketers and business leaders who help position their brand partners at the center of culture, all to drive business results. The ideal candidate has agency experience, is adept at leading brand client partners, and has a passion for Brand Marketing, digital marketing, and social media with a sharp understanding of all channels and emerging platforms. The ideal candidate is a team player that brings a strategic marketing mind, organizational and account management skills, experience & passion for brand marketing, and quick thinking, to a fast growing team of professionals. They must be a savvy marketing leader, and an organized, multi-tasker who wants to help develop and drive a positive culture and working environment for all RQ staff.
Our founding principle of empowering authentic voices is only possible with the representation of every background including race, sexuality, gender and opinion. It is absolutely critical to our agency’s output and the day-to-day culture that every employee, consultant, and vendor adheres to this position.
Senior most account lead dedicated to a key technology client with multiple work streams, including digital / social, Brand Partnership opportunities, Creator / Influencer campaigns and any experiential activations. This marketing leader will oversee all client campaigns and programs from ideation to completion, ensuring all work is in line with RQ standards and meets the client business objectives and KPI’s.
Main roles and responsibilities include:
- Steward the client relationship, ensuring a healthy partnership and continued account growth
- Navigate and manage client internal politics and multiple client contacts to ensure healthy client - agency relationship
- Oversee all programs and campaigns to ensure client business objectives and KPI’s are reached on time and in budget
- Manage and mentor RQ’s internal team for personal and professional growth
- Manage internal teams and all work streams to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Oversee the strategy, creation and presentation of program pitch decks, strategy decks, and recap decks
- Present Brand Partnership and activation opportunities to help client break through to the Gen Z audience demographic, sparking brand affinity amongst the Gen Z
- Lead the account teams on any Influencer and Celebrity partnerships and content, inclusive of negotiation, outreach & contracting
- Provide consistent and clear communication across the day-to-day execution with both client and internal team regarding all aspects of the account
- Core team leader – build, inspire and oversee jr./mid-level account teams
- Have a strong understanding of the client’s business challenges, their competition, and their industry, and leverage this understanding to add strategic value to client’s marketing campaigns and the overall account
- Maintain knowledge of all performance measures and budgets for client account
- Build and nurture productive business relationships with vendors and other outside organizations
- Craft brand partnership and talent partnership opportunities
- Support in SOW construction, contract development and program strategies
- 8-10 years of agency experience with a concentration across brand marketing; plus for partnership marketing, social media marketing and influencer marketing
- Demonstrated ability to develop, write and present strategic client presentations
- Phenomenal collaborator and facilitator of collaboration
- Takes responsibility and ownership for their work
- Identifies opportunities and potential problems, addressing them effectively and efficiently
- Business leader who drives KPIs and client business objectives while managing a P&L
- Authentic understanding of brand marketing, with expertise in identifying partnership opportunities, social media, trends, emerging platforms, and social media content creation
- Industry relationships and connections, a plus
- Strong understanding of social media, partnerships, and PR
- Excellent communication/client facing skills and able to build trust in the relationships
- Individual should be curious with an appetite to learn and teach
- Strategic and creative thinker and self-starter
- Positive, proactive personality
- Strong team player and proven ability to work independently and with others
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical & DentalUnlimited Holidays401K after 1 year
- Dog friendly office
- Family First - maternity & paternity leave
- Culture - Every year we celebrate our agency’s birthday which is an important get together for all of our employees.
- We celebrate staff birthdays & anniversaries.
- We host bi-weekly happy hours, screenings, offsites, give-back days and much more.
- We encourage employees to always speak their mind and offer suggestions to our continued cultural development
RQ Media is an equal opportunity employer. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity and all candidates are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Email email@example.com with a cover letter and your resume to apply.